~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Walking into the Wind

The wind feels like it's trying to tear things apart outside. What a warm, odd January night. I guess it only seems odd to me because everything has been so still and cold for so long.

I love walking into the wind. It feels like any moment, it will lift me off the ground. Tonight's wind is especially delicious because it is enriched with old leaves, rain on the verge of snow, and that urgent taste of change.
The cold is different from this morning's- wetter, warmer, but still a broad superficial chill, like when you jump into a cold pool after soaking in a hot tub.
I like this kind of cold, because it is only skin deep. It doesn't render me helpless, but refreshes and awakens me. Makes me alive. I enjoy that feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your writing. It's like a warm wind out of the East. A gentle breeze. Fills the sails and keeps the boat moving.

    ReplyDelete