~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge

Alrighty, it has recently been suggested that I put up another post. I agree, I am a slacker sometimes. :P

And in order to help me get used to posting more, I'm giving in to the fad & doing the whole "30 Day Photo Challenge" thing. It may take a bit more than 30 days... but I'll get to the end eventually. Here goes!


Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and a friend you have been closest to the longest
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 - A picture of your night
Day 05 - A picture of a favorite memory
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most adventurous things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture of something you never leave home without
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss


1. First, the basics: I'm the oldest of seven children and I have an awesome family and the best hometown ever, Moab. I’m studying Conservation Biology and Spanish at BYU, where I try to fit in as many fitness, music, and English classes as I can. No, I don’t know what to do with the rest of my life. I’m currently doing an internship with the National Park Service to check out that option, but there are just so many choices…

2. I once broke my arm falling off of a ball I was trying to stand on. Later, I broke my arm falling off of a trampoline. Apparently gymnastics is not my thing. ;)

3. The first song I sang in public (not church) was “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” when I was seven. I think the first solo song I sang in front of a crowd in Church was “The Nativity Song” when I was four… or maybe it was “I Am a Child of God.”

4. I shop for clothing almost exclusively at thrift stores, but when it comes to some things I like to have quality stuff that will last a while (so my new down sleeping bag probably cost more than my entire wardrobe ;).

5. I have never pierced my ears or dyed my hair, but I have had braces.

6. People tailgating me in the car is one of my biggest pet peeves. (I don’t want them to run me over in my little car!) Now that I’ve said that, I know I’ve probably set myself up for some teasing, car-style… lol

7. I really love cold cereal. Not with milk- I don’t really like milk- but dry. However, I’ve been known to eat an entire box in one day, so maybe I shouldn’t buy cereal anymore…It’s just too good! It goes right along with cookie dough, chips & salsa, and a few other foods that I just can't walk away from...

8. Both my eardrums have ruptured at least once.

9. I would hesitate to call myself a full-blown writer, climber, vegetarian, photographer, reader, gardener, runner, musician, rafter or cook because I don’t define myself by one label or the other. Rather, they are things that I’ve tried on (or been born into) and liked how they fit. They’re pieces that add color and depth to my identity as a daughter of God- that’s who I really am. :D

10. I would love to be more of a morning person instead of a night owl because early morning is my favorite time of day, especially when I’m the only one awake and it’s all mine.

11. Even when I was a cheerleader, I didn’t have a lot of interest in watching sports. Or makeup. Or pink.

12. I cannot snap my fingers. Four-year-old children who can do it like to tease me. lol

13. I enjoy taking pictures and going through the 13,000+ photos on my computer that remind me of good times and good friends.

14. I keep lots of frozen vegetables (red bell peppers, green spinach/peas/broccoli, yellow corn, orange carrots) in my freezer so I can add color, texture and flavor to boring dishes. You’d be amazed how many things you can sneak spinach into and have it be delicious.

15. I love taking laundry out of the dryer because it’s warm, soft, clean and smells wonderful. I also like the smell of clothes saturated with day-old juniper smoke because it reminds me of camping and being outside.

2 comments:

  1. Yeehaw! I'm stoked. Cheers for number four.

    Anna blends frozen spinach in with a fruit smoothie every morning. One time it was completely green - looked like wheatgrass juice or something. Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm allergic to spinach. I feel you on #10. Morning is the most beautiful time of the day. I remember the first thing I noticed about you was that you took more pictures of more things than anyone I've ever known, and you did it with such enthusiasm as if you wanted to capture and keep each moment, no matter how boring. It made the inconsequential much more fun. I like your bucket list. And don't say you're weird, it just that most other people are only normal. It's only a question of perspective.

    ReplyDelete