~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 11

A picture of something you hate



Don't roll your eyes just yet: although it's frustrating to rake out endless social trails, it's not people stepping in crypto that I hate. ;)

I really don't hate a lot of things- hate is such a strong word. But I do strongly dislike people disregarding beauty or innocence or natural things. I also don't like when people do damaging things out of ignorance. I can't get mad at the people at those times, though. Even those with good intentions and good hearts can hurt things just because they don't know how fragile it all really is and what is really going on in the background.

In this day and age I feel like we are distanced from so many things, sheltered from reality by quick trips to a well-stocked market and a fix-it pill. We just don't see the consequences of a lot of our choices and actions. It's hard to know what is truth and what is advertising. This leads us to support practices that might actually cause harm in the long run, harm to our personal health and the health of our societies, our global community and our environments. No, we don't mean to. But this ignorance isn't bliss, it's just blindness. I guess you could say that I hate the quick-fix mindset, the short-sightedness that comes along when you add greed, money, waste and power to narrow minds.
And I hate the helplessness of those who are on the other end of the deal, who know exactly what is going on but feel nearly powerless to fight it. Getting stuck in a rut is worse than stepping in crypto any day :P

No comments:

Post a Comment