~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 4

A picture of your night


Tonight we had the final races of the Needles 500. We've been practicing and qualifying all week. I was surprised at how fun & addictive it was. Tonight I didn't do so well in my first few races, but then I got to fill in for Dorita since she was still working. Suddenly, my times were so much better! I think it's because I didn't have the competitive urge to win as much since I'd already given up on my car. I was a lot more cautious with Dorita's, which turned out to be the key to racing well because crashes take up a lot of time. Slow & steady really does win the race! (but it helps to be fast, too!)

We decided to become team "Ivorita" when Dorita finally showed up halfway through the last qualifier. I made it to the final race, 200 laps (about 40 minutes), and when Stephen finished his 200th lap, the rest of us finished 173 (Team Ivorita), 172 (Steve) and 171 (Cindy- I think, but maybe it's the other way around... i dunno.). Soooo close! I was pretty surprised- Second place! Usually I'm hopeless if it has to do with cars or sports or competition. I won a shiny new car in a blue egg, which you can see in the picture. Beginners' luck, I guess. :)

And who says it's boring to live out in the middle of nowhere, an hour from the nearest grocery store, with fewer than two dozen people who average twice your age? Naw, these guys still play with toy cars. They're all right in my book ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment