~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 13

A picture of your favorite band or artist.


I don't know if I really have a favorite band or artist. Like food, I like many kinds of different "flavors," depending on my mood & situation. Lately I've been doing a lot of nice easy jogs and housecleaning, which call for fun, upbeat tunes with meaningful lyrics. The top songs on my playlist at the moment include "The Ballad of Love and Hate" and "January Wedding" by The Avett Brothers. Their music is described in their biography as "a rootsy amalgam of folk, country, bluegrass, rock and pop – even a jab of punk-style dynamics here and there."

Whatever that means. I just know that I enjoy the real-ness of their voices (so many performers sound like they're just putting on a show, forcing it, not singing from inside out- but their imperfect voices bring out their humanity and add such depth to their music) and the thoughtful well-written lyrics. I enjoy getting caught up in a story and singing along :D

(And you've got to admit- at least if you're a girl- that they're rather attractive in this picture ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your picture challenge and reading new things about you that I didn't know before. Mostly because I'm realizing we are not so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning a lot, too! It's so hard to narrow these things down- and to keep on a schedule ;)
    By the way, I love your blog! And I may or may not have gotten this idea from you... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! "Tin Man" is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete