~ because not all who wander are lost ~

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 7

A picture of your most treasured possession.

This one was really hard. I kept thinking, “What would I save if my house burned down?” That just stacked up the obvious valuables: computer, phone, camera, etc.
As far as treasured goes, I then thought, “What do I always have with me? What would be irreplaceable? What would I never want to lose?” I looked on the bed beside me and noticed three things that have been there for years, things I use nearly every night. Simple things: the turquoise quadruple combination scriptures I got when I was baptized, a wrinkled & torn copy of my Patriarchal blessing (I accidentally dropped it in the river once!), and my journal. They help me sort through my thoughts and stay on track, keeping me close to Heavenly Father and aimed toward my eternal goals. That’s why I treasure them.

(I can't find my camera at the moment, otherwise I really would have a picture here. Does this still count as the "picture of the day"? Well... just use your imagination & it does :)

1 comment:

  1. Of course it counts as a "picture". That's what good writing is. A "picture" painted with words.

    ReplyDelete